The surest way to save all the vitamins in a berry is to make black chokeberry jam.
Chokeberry is a berry that is very healthy. It helps to reduce pressure, purify the blood and stimulate the immune system. The surest way to save all the vitamins is to make black chokeberry jam. Recipes include various options for making this product. Originally, black chokeberry was brought from Canada and used as an ornamental plant. But thanks to the efforts of Michurin, who proved the healing properties of the berries, she became a necessary ingredient in the menu of many housewives.
Chokeberry is a berry that is very healthy. It helps reduce pressure, purify the blood and stimulate the immune system.
The composition of the jam of this product may include different components: nuts, lemon, orange or cinnamon.
The composition of Aronia
Blackfruit or chokeberry berries have an extensive range of valuable components. The plant is grown as a food product and drug.
Fruits contain fructose, carotene, pectin compounds and vitamins K, C, P and E. Also in the composition are organic acids, dietary fiber and water.
Of the mineral components present iodine, iron, fluorine and manganese.
Chokeberry is a champion in vitamin content. Yoda is 4 times more in it than in gooseberry and raspberry. Vitamin C is comparable to lemon. And vitamin P is more, than in oranges, apples and blackcurrant.
Tip!This product is recommended for people suffering from diseases of the cardiovascular system and with high cholesterol. Aronia helps to rid the body of toxins and improves eyesight.
Chokeberry is a champion in vitamins
In the middle of the XX century black chokeberry was officially recognized as a medicinal ingredient.
This berry is appreciated because of its beneficial properties:
- It is recommended for iodine deficiency, a symptom of which is body fatigue, bleeding gums and apathy.
- Pectins contribute to the removal from the body of heavy metals and radioactive components, as well as the normalization of the functioning of the food system and in the treatment of cholecystitis.
- Organic ingredients help to digest food.
- Trace elements help to normalize the function of the cardiovascular and nervous system.
- Used as a preventive measure to normalize blood pressure.
- Reception of jam from curative berries in winter time will help to avoid seasonal beriberi.
Reception of jam from curative berries in winter time will help to avoid seasonal beriberi
Tip! Do not abuse the jam of this product at low pressure. Since it contributes to its strong decrease.
To create a delicious jam, you need to comply with the technology of preparation:
For harvesting you need to collect ripe berry. In this case, you need to sort the spoiled fruit and remove the leaves.
Berry has a dense skin, so you need to pour boiling water and blanch a few minutes. This is done so that the fruit is soaked with syrup.
The black avoropodka is characterized by a bitter taste, therefore for its preparation it is worth using a large amount of sugar.
Ready jam is decomposed only in the sterilized container.
More tasty preparation turns out when adding orange, apples and other fruit.
A black avoropodka is characterized by a bitter taste, therefore for its preparation it is worth using a large amount of sugar
Tip! For blanks you need to pick a dense, shiny and smooth fruit. Products with different stains are better to throw.
The following ingredients are required to make a simple recipe:
- sugar - 1.5 kg;
- water - 0.5 l;
- selected fruits of chokeberry - 1.2 kg.
The amount of water depends on the taste of the main ingredient. If you like astringent taste, then you can take 400 ml of water. For a softer product, you should take more water.
Making jam consists of the following steps:
- Berries need to sort and wash, and also remove the stem.
- Blanching is done to give softness to the product. In this case, the syrup is passed through the skin. Berries are placed in boiling water for 7 minutes.
- To make a syrup, you need to pour water into a saucepan and pour sugar into it, which should dissolve.
- Chokeberry is poured into syrup and cooked for 15 minutes.
- The mixture must be cooled for five hours.
- Then jam is cooked for another 20 minutes.
- The blank is unfolded in sterile cans. Covers are hermetically closed.
- Banks should cool at room temperature.
The amount of water depends on the taste of the main ingredient. If you like astringent taste, then you can take a little less water.
Tip! No need to stir the hot mixture with a spoon. This will damage the berries. Experienced cooks recommend gently shaking the brewing container.
Five-minute blanks are more useful than usual, since they are subjected to less heat treatment. This saves more vitamins. But such a delicacy has a shorter shelf life, so it should be stored in the basement or in the refrigerator.
The fast food recipe includes 2 kg of sugar and 1 kg of berries. Preparation consists of the following actions:
- Fruits are crushed with a blender or using a meat grinder.
- The mixture is mixed with sugar and put on the fire.
- It is necessary to boil over low heat until boiling. Then the fire should be strengthened and boiled for five minutes.
- The mixture is decomposed into sterilized containers, and covered with lids.
- Banks with the product are sterilized for 15-30 minutes and rolled.
Five-minute blanks are more useful than usual ones, since they are subjected to less heat treatment.
Tip! For sterilization in a pan on the bottom of the fabric spreads. Then there are formed banks with covered covers. Water is poured into the container at least half of the cans and the pan is put on a low fire. After boiling, depending on the size of the jars are sterilized at different times.
Features of making jam
For jam, you need the following components:
- sugar - 1.2 kg;
- water - 1.5 cups;
- berries - 1 kg.
The berries are in the pan. They are filled with water and put on fire. Under the lid, rowan need to be steamed until softened. Then the fruit is wiped through a sieve. Puree turns into a container for cooking, where sugar is added. The product is brought to readiness over low heat.
Tip!To preserve the smell, color and taste of the blanks, five minutes before the end of cooking, add citric acid.
Berry jam will be very useful in cold winter evenings
Recipes with additional ingredients
Other fruits will help to emphasize the unusual taste of the berries.
With the addition of apples
Sweet-sour with a tart taste it turns out jam from apples with black chokeberry. The recipe has an extraordinary aroma with apple notes.
It will require:
- rowan - 1 kg;
- water - 500 ml;
- apples - 400 g;
- sugar - 1.4 kg;
- citric acid and cinnamon in a teaspoon.
The berry should be washed and then blanched in boiling water for several minutes. Then briefly put in cold water and let the water drain. Jam is prepared step by step:
- Syrup is boiled out of water and sugar.
- The berries are boiled in syrup for about five minutes, and then left for 4-6 hours.
- Apples are cut into slices and boiled in boiling water until soft.
- The remaining sugar is added to the container with rowan and half an hour is boiled.
- Then apple slices are poured and boiled for another 25 minutes.
- Pouring citric acid and cinnamon. The jam is boiled for another five minutes and decomposed into a prepared container.
Tip!Do not forget about the sterilization of cans and lids. Previously they need to boil in a pot with a laid cloth at the bottom. If additional sterilization is planned after packaging the product, then the banks can be doused with boiling water.
You can make great jam with black chokeberry and lemon. Recipe blanks include an unusual ingredient. A similar product is used for medicinal purposes. Especially helps with colds and vascular dystonia.
To prepare you need to prepare:
- berry - kg;
- sugar - 1.2 kg;
- lemon juice - 0.5 cups;
- water - 2 cups;
- fruit and berry juice - 1 glass;
- rum - 2 tbsp. l
Berry baked in the oven for five hours. At the same time it is better to close the dishes with a lid. Speaking juice is poured and brewed with water and sugar. Then in the resulting syrup are added berries, rum and juice. The mixture is cooked further. Almost at the very end, lemon juice is added and after five minutes the jam must be removed from the heat. The mixture is packaged in cans and rolled.
Tip! Hot jars with any jam need to be turned over, wrapped in a blanket and left for a day before cooling.
An unusual taste has black chokeberry jam with orange. Recipes can be supplemented with ingredients such as walnuts or cinnamon.
To prepare a tasty billet will need:
- fruits blackfruit - 1 kg;
- oranges -500g;
- Lemons - 300 g;
- sugar - 2 kg;
- walnuts - 200 g
Washed berries need to twist through a meat grinder. Oranges for 10 minutes are placed in boiling water. Then lemons and oranges scroll through a meat grinder. First you need to remove the bones and cut into slices. Kernels are crushed. All components are mixed and put on fire. After the mixture boils, it must be boiled for five minutes and immediately spread on the banks and corked.
Such a jam not only strengthens the immune system, but also helps to treat anemia.
Tip!Even rolled and sterilized jars should be kept in a cool place. This may be a storeroom or cellar.
Jam not only strengthens the immune system, but also helps to treat anemia.
Jam will get a rich flavor after adding cinnamon. To prepare the workpiece you need to collect the following components:
- fruits of chokeberry - 1 kg;
- sugar - 1.7 kg;
- water - 3 cups;
- Cinnamon - 1.5 tsp.
Before cooking the berry should be sorted, rinsed well and blanched for a few minutes. Then the product is poured into a colander and poured cold water to cool. After this, the following actions are performed:
- Brewed syrup from 1 kg of sugar.
- Fruits fall into the mixture and boil for 4-6 minutes.
- Jam should brew for 9-12 hours.
- Then you need to cook the mixture further. At the same time the remaining sugar is poured.
- After the composition thickens, cinnamon must be added to it.
Tip! For the preparation of jam and jam with the addition of apple is recommended to use late fruits with a high content of pectin. At the same time, the harvesting is especially beautiful due to the gelling properties of apples.
Chokeberry is an excellent ingredient for jam. An interesting solution are recipes with cherry leaf.
For its preparation you will need 2 kg of berries, 200 g of cherry leaves and 1.5 kg of sugar.
Leaves are needed only for syrup. Then you can get them.
Cherry leaves are boiled in water. Then the liquid is filtered, sugar is added to it and the syrup is boiled. Then the berries are poured, and the mixture is boiled for five minutes. Then jam infused 8-10 hours. After that, boiling and cooling are performed two more times. The hot mixture is poured into cans and corked.
Jam is packed in sterile jars
Tip! Jam can be cooked in a slow cooker. To do this, apply the mode of "cooking" or "quenching."
What can be combined?
Black chokeberry jam is suitable for both festive and everyday table. It can be diluted with boiling water and drink instead of tea. Such a drink will strengthen blood vessels, raise the immune system and energize.
Also, jam and jam can be used for filling muffins, cakes and muffins.
Many people like the recipe for baked apples with honey. Instead of honey, you can use jam. Get an extraordinary taste.
Chokeberry can be prepared not only from jam. This ingredient is used to make homemade wine, brandy, marshmallow, and even marmalade.
Jam and jam can be used for filling muffins, cakes and muffins
Simple recipes will help to prepare a useful delicacy with useful and healing properties. The use of additional ingredients diversifies the taste and will give a unique flavor to any piece.