Breakfast cereal is the best start to the day, and therefore we offer several recipes that tell you how to prepare millet porridge in a slow cooker with milk
Breakfast porridge is the best start of the day, and therefore we offer several recipes that tell you how to prepare millet porridge in a slow cooker with milk. Everyone knows this slogan, but sometimes it is difficult to interpret it to a child who requires tasty food - sandwiches or cookies. Let's try to cook a healthy porridge so that no one could refuse it. Millet prepares milk quickly and tasty in a slow cooker. How to do this, now tell.
But before that, a small digression ...
Millet prepares milk quickly and tasty in a slow cooker
The benefits of millet porridge
Millet contains a large amount of proteins, carbohydrates, amino acids. Porridge from it improves digestion due to fiber. The invaluable property of pshenka is the ability to purify the body from radioactive particles and salts of heavy metals, which have the ability to accumulate in the body.
Millet contains a lot of protein and many essential minerals - magnesium, silicon, potassium. They strengthen the nervous system, help the heart muscle to work. If you cook millet on the water, it will help fight off excess fat, removing it from the internal organs. For those who want to lose weight, you should take note of this. Great! Eat porridge and lose weight!
It is more convenient to boil porridge in a slow cooker, on the stove it can "run away" or burn. Yes, and constantly interfere with her is also not very convenient. And in the slow cooker, everything is simple. You need to download the ingredients for the recipe and click.
Millet contains a lot of protein and many essential microelements - magnesium, silicon, potassium
Millet porridge in a slow cooker with milk: how to cook?
It is necessary to use a measuring cup from the multicooker.
- 3 cups of milk;
- 2 tbsp. boiled water;
- 1 tbsp. millet;
- 2 tsp. Sahara;
- 35 g butter;
- 0.5 tsp. salt.
Rinse the millet with hot water several times, select alien kernels, pour it onto a cloth so that the glass is water. Pour the prepared cereal into a multicooker container, add milk, water, salt and sugar. All ingredients are well mixed, put the bowl in the device. You can prepare a dish in the "Rice" or "Porridge" mode for 35 to 50 minutes, depending on the power of the pan. After the signal about the end of the cycle, take out the bowl, mix the finished porridge, fill it with oil.
You can prepare a dish in the "Rice" or "Porridge" mode from 35 to 50 minutes, depending on the power of the pan.
To make porridge thick and parted, soak it for another 10 minutes in heating mode with the lid closed. It is important not to overdry it. The finished dish is laid out on plates and served hot. For sweet teeth, you can season it with jam.
How to choose cereal
Wheat is not the most popular product. Therefore, cereals can be stale on the shelves for a long time. We do not need such a product. Especially meticulously it is necessary to choose cereals in the warm season. In an overdue product in the heat may even get insects.
If you care about your health, do not pursue cheapness. Such a grain is probably poorly cleaned and processed. The difference in price with high-grade cereals is small, and you can lose the benefits. Cheap groats will have to carefully sort out, remove debris and alien cereals, repeatedly washed. Even clean grain should be rinsed in hot water until the water is clear.
Even clean grain should be rinsed in hot water until the water is clear.
Choose in the store grains in plastic packaging. It will protect the product from moisture and dirt during transportation and storage. The most tasty porridge will turn out from pure yellow grains. Buy for your breakfast only the highest quality and fresh grain.
Formerly cereals were the most popular food. They were cooked in a Russian stove in a pot or clay pot. For a long history of porridge hostesses learned how to cook it for a thousand recipes.
Porridge is a brand of Russian cuisine, the pinnacle of culinary excellence in Russia. It was served on weekdays and at feasts. Porridge was a ceremonial dish at weddings, church and family celebrations. Whole kashnye feasts staged princes for their squads in ancient Russia. Together with their warriors, they ate food from one large cauldron, denoting the equality of the whole army.
Millet porridge, along with pork, buckwheat, and oatmeal was the most common food of Rus for many centuries. It is unfair to forget the exclusive recipes for Russian cereals. They were boiled in milk, water, flavored with salt, honey, butter. The dish acquired a special taste due to cooking in a Russian stove. Usually porridge cooked after baking bread. The cast iron was placed in a hot oven, which gradually cooled down and the porridge "languished", not boiling away, but soaked in milk and additives.
The usual recipe for millet was cooking in water with milk added at the last stage of cooking. Taste of porridge depends on quality and taste of water. Grain is soaked with liquid, absorbing its properties. Therefore, not only seasonings and additives should be chosen for porridge, but also the water on which it is prepared. Now this dish is used as a side dish for meat or fish. But porridge is a self-sufficient dish. It can be used with butter, dried fruit, cheese, cottage cheese, jam or honey. For every taste there is a suitable recipe.Porridge is a brand of Russian cuisine, the pinnacle of culinary excellence in Russia. She was served both on weekdays and at feasts.
Millet is useful for diabetics, it is indicated in the recovery period after a severe cold. But despite the great benefit, frequent consumption of porridge will have to be abandoned for patients with vascular diseases, suffering from constipation, and patients with low acidity.
- Half a cup of millet;
- 250 ml of milk;
- Water for boiling cereals and pumpkins;
- 0.5 kg of pumpkin;
- 50 g raisins;
- 50 g butter;
- Salt, sugar to taste.
To get a good result, boil the millet in water beforehand. To do this, pour clean cereal into boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes over low heat. Then drain the water and rinse the cereal with cold water.
Pumpkin pieces, cut into small cubes, also boil in water for 5-10 minutes. Then put the prepared ingredients in a multicooker bowl, add milk, salt, sugar, and cook in the porridge mode.
Millet porridge with pumpkin - very healthy and tasty breakfast
Tip! Boiling, porridge can "run out" from the slow cooker. To prevent this from happening, brush the bowl bezel with butter. Boiling milk will not rise above this limit.
Several recipes for millet porridge in a slow cooker without milk
It is necessary to take: 1 measuring cup of millet, 2-3 cups of water, 40 g of butter (if you have melted, then take a third less), salt and sugar to your taste.
Cooking in this order:
- Prepare millet - sort and wash with hot water. In this stage there is a secret. Why it is necessary to carefully sort and wash the grain? It is covered with a film of fat on top! It oxidizes in air and can give a bitter taste to food when cooking. Wash grits to clear water, and be sure to use a hot stream. Dust and husk, dark grains with a defect will be removed along with water.
- To surely get rid of bitterness, soak the grain for 1-2 hours, and after washing, pour in boiling water.
- Fold the cereal, salt - sugar and butter in a multicooker bowl and add water. If you like viscous porridge, add one more glass to the amount of liquid specified in the recipe. Mix all components before switching on.
- It is necessary to choose the cooking mode so that the dish boils down, but it is not dry. Turn on "Milk porridge" or "Buckwheat." The manual for your multicooker model will help you choose the right option. Slightly more than half an hour porridge will be cooked.
- To create the effect of languishing in the Russian stove, leave the porridge on the heater for a few minutes. Then place it on plates and add oil. If you like the sweet taste, sprinkle the dish with raisins or dried apricots. Remember the saying that you won't spoil porridge with butter. Impregnated with creamy grains - a unique delicacy!
Remember the saying that you won't spoil porridge with butter. Impregnated with creamy grains - a unique delicacy!
Recipe 2. With berries.
All stages of Recipe 1 observe in exact repetition. Before starting the cooking process, pour a handful of blueberries or other berries in the multicooker bowl. At 0.5 cups of wheat, take as many berries.
Recipe 3. With stew.
Millet porridge is good as an independent dish with and without fillers. It can be cooked sweet, salty or even with meat. This Cossack "Conder" will have many to taste.
Everyday quick meal can be cooked in half an hour. The finished stew can be combined with vegetables, which add spice and lightness to a wholesome dish.
- 160g of wheat;
- Bank of high-quality stew;
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc .;
- Red onions and carrots - one vegetable each;
- Fresh or frozen green beans - 150g;
- Deodorized sunflower oil - 35g;
- Water - 600 ml;
- Spices, herbs for taste.
- Dice vegetables (except sweet pepper), pour them on the bottom of the multicooker. Beforehand we pour vegetable oil into the container. In the frying mode we pass over 4 minutes.
- Now add the pepper and stew. All fry for 6 minutes.
- Pour the peeled and scalded grits on the meat.
- Chop the green beans, lay them on top of the millet in the multicooker bowl, and season with spices.
- Fill the water gently, close the lid and turn on the pilaf cooking mode for 45 minutes.
Varying the composition of the spices in this dish is not prohibited. Put into it what you like to use in meat dishes - hops-suneli, basil, adjika and so on.
Recipe 4. With meat.
A full hearty meat dish in a slow cooker is cooked faster than on the stove. Meat and groats are cooked at the same time.
- 300 g of cereals;
- Onions and carrots - 100 g;
- The flesh of the meat - 0.5 kg;
- A pinch of jeera, a good bunch of fresh dill.
- Wash the meat and cut it into small cubes. Prepare the cereal - sort out, wash, pour over boiling water.
- We spread the cubes of meat on the bottom of the bowl of the slow cooker and turn on the baking mode. Meat fry for 20-30 minutes.
- Finely chop vegetables, add to meat and continue frying for another 5 minutes.
- It is the turn of cereal. Pour it in a bowl over vegetables and meat, add spices, add water. Turn on the device to the mode "Pilaf" and cook porridge for 1 hour.
- Shortly before the end of the cycle, add chopped dill into the dish.
For this recipe is well suited lamb, pork. For lovers of diet can offer chicken. Garlic and basil are combined with any meat, they are added together with dill.
Recipe 5. With curd.
For such a piquant poppy need fatty cottage cheese made from whole milk. The product must be fresh!Add berries and fruits to porridge to taste
- 200 g of curd mass;
- 160 g of cereals;
- 40 g butter;
- Water - 500 ml;
- Salt and sugar to taste.
Prepared as described above pour the grits into boiling water on the stove and boil a little. Then drain the water and put the millet in the bowl of the multicooker.
Add cottage cheese, sugar, salt, add water and cook in "Milk porridge" mode.
Before the invention of multivarok, millet porridge was cooked in two steps. First, boil the cereal in water on the stove. Then they poured milk on it and put it on a slow fire in the oven for languishing. Now everything can be combined in one cooking cycle.Wheat is suitable as a baby food.
Each model of multi-oven has its own cooking mode. The most suitable for crumbly side dishes of millet modes "Pilaf" and "Krupa". If you are cooking a sticky gruel, then choose the mode "Milk soup" or "Porridge". See instructions for your model.
Proportional standards for the consistency of dishes
Millet is boiled quickly, the kernels burst and turn inside out. For the correct result, remember which rate of liquid and cereal corresponds to a given mode:
For meat and fish dishes requires crumbly porridge. For her, take 2 cups of water for each glass of cereal:
- For "smear" - 4 glasses of water for 1 cup of millet;
- For a child's molten porridge, you need to take a ratio of 1: 6 cereal and water.
Wheat goes well with rice, buckwheat. The taste will be unusual. Such variations are in the tradition of cooking Russian cereals.